- Q. What is myDNA?
myDNA is a genetic testing company that specialises in providing customers with information to help them optimise their health. Once you have supplied us with your DNA sample, we send you and your healthcare professionals a report that holds lifelong relevance.
- Q. What do I get in my myDNA DNA Test Kit?
You get the following in your DNA test kit:
1 x DNA swab
1 x unique registration code
1 x reply paid envelope
- Q. What is the difference between the different coloured DNA test kits?
The green kit is our Wellness & Nutrition DNA Test Kit. This gives you access to a Personalised Diet Report.
The blue kit is our Medication DNA Test Kit. This gives you access to the following reports:
- Personalised Mental Health Medication Report
- Personalised Pain Medication Report
- Personalised Cardiovascular Medication Report
- Personalised Gastrointestinal Medication Report
The white kit is our Medication Healthcare Professional DNA Test Kit. This gives you access to the a fully comprehensive Personalised Medication Report.
- Q. What reports can I currently get access to?
You can currently get access to the following personalised reports:
- Mental Health Medication
- Pain Medication
- Cardiovascular Medication
- Gastrointestinal Medication
- Full Medication
- Q. How long does it take?
Taking the test is easy. It only takes 10 minutes for you to swab and register.
Once we have received your DNA sample, it takes our lab and scientific team 10 to 15 working days to process your results and send a report back to you.
- Q. How accurate is your DNA test and reports?
A strict quality assurance process combined with state of the art laboratory facilities, allows us to control reliability and validity of our tests. Our reports and findings are developed in accordance to internationally recognised guidelines and factor in large number of published studies.
- Q. What do I do once I receive my test kit?
Once you receive your test kit, you will need to open your kit fill the label. You will need to go to
www.mydna.life/register and enter your numeric barcode and fill in your details.
- Q. How are my results stored?myDNA uses the latest software and information technology systems to ensure that your data will never knowingly be released to a third party without your consent. You have access to your report in a private results area of explore.mydna.life and can share this with future health professionals.
- Q. If I have an abnormal result, does that mean my children would too?Your children’s results might not be the same as your own, as each individual has their own genetic profile.
- Q. How accurate is the test?A strict quality assurance process combined with state of the art laboratory facilities, allows us to control reliability and validity of our tests. Our reports and findings are developed in accordance to internationally recognised guidelines and factor in large number of published studies.
- Q. What is the evidence rating system?We have developed a ratings system so that you can see our level of confidence in the research that we have used as a basis for our recommendations. This is based on Oxford Centre for Evidence Based Medicine – Level of Evidence, March 2009* and has been modified by myDNA to apply for genetic tests.
Level Causation and Treatment ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ High
- Systematic review of multiple RCT (meta-analysis)
- Systematic review of meta-analyses
- Single RCT (randomised controlled trial) with narrow confidence intervals
★ ★ ★ ★ High-moderate
- Meta-analysis of cohort studies
- Prospective cohort with 80% follow up.
- Single RCT not in 5
- Good quality ecological research
- Genome-wide association studies
★ ★ ★ Moderate
- Multiple case control studies
- Meta-analysis of case control
- Follow up cohort <80%
- Cross sectional studies >1000 people
- Case control good quality
★ ★ Low-moderate
- Single case control not in 3
- Cross sectional <1000 people
- Single case report
- Expert opinion
- First principle
- Animal/bacteria analogy