NUTRITION – Static
Need help finding the best diet for your body?
Ask your DNA
- Testing 7 genes can help you find the right diet for you
- A simple cheek swab is all it takes
- You receive personalised results with clear, easy-to-action advice
- Tested in Melbourne by an Australian DNA testing company
- Your DNA and test results are completely secure
NUTRITION – Intro
Your Personalised Nutrition Report
DNA analysis is a growing field of science. New evidence comes to light every day about the meaning of specific genetic results and how they can help guide our lifestyle choices.
Now, a new frontier of genetic testing can tell you how to eat the right way for your DNA. Each person’s DNA is different, so a diet that works for one person may not work for you.
A trial-and-error approach to dieting can waste so much time. You might have to try several diets before you find one that works. And it can be extremely frustrating if you follow a strict diet, lose weight and then put it straight back on as soon as the diet’s over.
A myDNA Nutrition Report can help you to find the right diet for you, for the long term.
TESTIMONIAL – Kelli
“The diet recommended for me in the myDNA Nutrition Report fitted in with the way I eat. I felt glad to know about my genetics. It fell into line with everything I’ve been experiencing, and what my doctor had told me about my cholesterol.”
– Kelli, aged 54 (NSW, AUSTRALIA)
NUTRITION – 7 Genes Determine
7 genes can help determine your weight and overall health factors
NUTRITION – Seven Genes No Desc
WEIGHT, APPETITE & OBESITY
The FTO gene is linked to body size, body fat storage and obesity.
The APOA5 gene contributes to the regulation of triglyceride levels in the blood.
The PPARG gene facilitates the fat storage process after consuming excess calories, saving for future energy needs.
The ADIPOQ gene is involved in fat burning and helps to control energy levels.
BODY SIZE AND WEIGHT REGAIN
The MTIF3 gene has been linked to increased body size, which is measured as Body Mass Index (BMI) and also to the regaining of weight after dieting.
CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS
The LIPC gene is involved in the way your body processes and breaks down dietary fats.
FATTY ACIDS PROCESSING
The FADS1 gene is specifically involved in the processing and production of unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid types.
NUTRITION – Actionable advice
Clear, easy-to-action advice based on your DNA findings
NUTRITION – Inside report
YOUR NUTRITION INSIGHTS
The Nutrition Report is packed with insights including:
- how your DNA influences your body weight
- the way your body stores and processes dietary fats
- whether you are likely to feel full after eating
- cholesterol and triglyceride indicators
- which diet is best suited to your body for long term health and wellbeing
- a serving size guide based on your unique genetic results, your age and gender
EACH GENETIC RESULT EXPLAINED
We report on seven key genes, which have been scientifically shown to relate to weight management or heart health.
YOUR RECOMMENDED DIET
Discover which diet is recommended for you for weight loss, weight management and long-term health and wellbeing.
EASY TO ACTION ADVICE
Includes sample meals and a serving size guide tailored to your weight management goals.
NUTRITION – Science
The Science behind myDNA
Scientific credibility is the foundation of myDNA. This integrity is rigorously maintained. myDNA is:
- Worldwide research is evaluated by myDNA’s team of qualified professionals
- Testing for new genes is only introduced once there is adequate evidence
- Advice is based on international evidence and peer-reviewed published studies
Led by experts
Our clinical team includes genetic scientists, physicians, genetic counsellors, PhD scientists, nutritionists and dietitians that:
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest research and genetic literature
- Carefully read, evaluate and filter all emerging global evidence
- Are specialists in their subject matter, such as diet and lifestyle decisions
- Provide practical recommendations based on the genetic tests results (only myDNA does this)
NUTRITION – Lock and key
Under Lock and Key
myDNA will interpret and provide a personalised report for the genetic myDNA test requested by you. Your reports and genetic data are your property. Any results generated remain strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. Privacy and data security protocols are fundamental to the myDNA technology platform.
NUTRITION – Nutrition Expectations
Before you buy this report, we would like to ensure that you know what to expect.
What is included in a myDNA Personalised Nutrition Report?
- The report will identify your results for seven key genes which have an influence on; weight and appetite, fat storage, your risk of elevated triglycerides and your ability to breakdown fat.
- The report includes advice for the most appropriate diet, based on your genetic results. This recommended diet is based on scientific evidence matched to your genetic type.
- The report provides a food guide, your recommended nutritional breakdown and portion sizes based on your genetic profile.
What the report will not provide:
- The report will not provide any ‘silver bullet’ solution to weight management, but will provide insights to help you make more informed decisions based on your genes. Lifestyle and environmental factors also play an important role in weight management.
- The report does not provide specific dietary recommendations for coeliacs, diabetics, pregnant/breastfeeding women or people with any other health conditions. We encourage our customers to take the report to an accredited dietitian for such advice.
GENERAL – Reports in English
*Note all reports and online portal information will be in English