Need help finding the best diet for your body?
- Testing relevant DNA can help you find the right diet for you
- A simple cheek swab is all it takes
- You receive personalised results with clear, easy-to-action advice
- Your DNA and test results are completely secure
- Only £59
- Exclusively available at LloydsPharmacy
Your Personalised Nutrition Report
DNA analysis is a growing field of science. New evidence comes to light every day about the meaning of specific genetic results and how they can help guide our lifestyle choices.
Now, a new frontier of genetic testing can tell you how to eat the right way for your DNA. Each person’s DNA is different, so a diet that works for one person may not work for you.
A trial-and-error approach to dieting can waste so much time. You might have to try several diets before you find one that works. And it can be extremely frustrating if you follow a strict diet, lose weight and then put it straight back on as soon as the diet’s over.
A myDNA Nutrition Report can help you to find the right diet for you, for the long term.
GETTING STARTED WITH myDNA
Sharon has struggled keeping weight off with various diets since having children. She recently completed and found out the results of her myDNA Personalised Nutrition Report. Find out how she found the experience and how she now leads a more happier life.
DNA can help determine your weight and overall health factors
WEIGHT, APPETITE & OBESITY
The FTO gene is linked to body weight, body composition, and obesity.
The APOA5 gene contributes to the regulation of triglyceride levels in the blood.
The PPARG gene facilitates the fat storage process after consuming excess calories, saving for future energy needs.
The ADIPOQ gene is involved in fat burning and helps to control energy levels.
BODY SIZE AND WEIGHT REGAIN
The MTIF3 gene has been linked to increased body size, which is measured as Body Mass Index (BMI) and also to the regaining of weight after dieting.
CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS
The LIPC gene is involved in the way your body processes and breaks down dietary fats..
FATTY ACIDS PROCESSING
The FADS1 gene is specifically involved in the processing and production of unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid types.
The science behind mydna
Scientific credibility is the foundation of myDNA. This integrity is rigorously maintained. myDNA is:
- Worldwide research is evaluated by myDNA’s team of qualified professionals
- Testing for new genes is only introduced once there is adequate evidence
- Advice is based on international evidence and peer-reviewed published studies
Led by experts
Our clinical team includes genetic scientists, physicians, genetic counsellors, PhD scientists, nutritionists and dietitians that:
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest research and genetic literature
- Carefully read, evaluate and filter all emerging global evidence
- Are specialists in their subject matter, such as diet and lifestyle decisions
- Provide practical recommendations based on the genetic tests results (only myDNA does this)
How to unlock the secrets of your DNA
It couldn’t be simpler. Shop online, swab the inside of your cheek then register your DNA sample. You’ll then unlock the secrets of your DNA and receive everything you need to turn your DNA insights into action.
Your Weight Management Report
You’ll get everything you need to provide us with a cheek swab. We’ll analyse your sample, prepare your report and give you secure access to our findings on the myDNA Portal.
UNDER LOCK AND KEY
Your DNA sample and data remain your property, are stored on secure encrypted services, can be destroyed anytime at your request, and will never be shared without your consent.
Our analysis is limited to the DNA markers we report on. Your results won’t include diseases, can’t be used to identify you, nor will they have any bearing towards insurance policies.
Before you buy this report, we would like to ensure that you know what to expect.
What is included in a myDNA Personalised Nutrition Report?
- You will receive your DNA test results and insights for seven key genes which have an influence on; weight and appetite, fat storage, your risk of elevated triglycerides and your ability to breakdown fat.
- Advice for the most appropriate diet, based on your DNA results. This recommended diet is based on scientific evidence matched to your genetic type.
- Access to a fully personalised 7 Day Meal plan taking in to account your DNA results, weight management goal and lifestyle considerations, including activity level.
- You will also be able to access your Caffeine Report that uncovers how you handle and process your favourite caffeinated drinks.
What the report will not provide:
- Our reports are unable to provide specific dietary recommendations for certain health conditions such as coeliac disease, diabetics, pregnant/breastfeeding women. Taking your myDNA report to an accredited dietitian will allow them to prepare a meal plan that caters for your individual circumstance.
- myDNA does not include ancestry or genealogy information as there are no actionable findings or recommendations relating to health and lifestyle.