Fill the fridge and pantry with fresh, nourishing foods
Making good choices when it comes to food will be most beneficial for your health. You may not be surprised that you should be packing your meals full of the following:
- Vegetables and fruit
- Wholegrains and legumes
- Lean meat and white fish
- Healthy fats (like nuts, extra virgin olive oil and fatty fish)
Focus on these healthy natural foods and limit your consumption of refined sugar, salt, saturated fat and processed foods.
Choosing nutritious products
To help you become a more health-savvy shopper, start comparing the Nutrition Information Labels on products. This is a simple way to maximise fibre while steering clear of too much refined sugar, salt and unhealthy fats.
Use the below guidelines to help you choose products:
- Fibre – 8g per 100g is a good guide for breads and cereals
- Sugars – less than 7.5g in every 100g (less than 4g ideal)
- Salt – less than 120mg per 100g
- Total fat – less than 10g per 100g (less than 5g ideal)
- Saturated fat – less than 3g per 100g is best
- Trans fat – if listed, less than 0.1g
To unlock the ideal macronutrient breakdown for your diet, you can complete a myDNA test. The analysis will deliver a personalised meal plan designed for your DNA & goals.